“Event Planning Checklist”
Planning an event can be a very daunting task unless you have a few specific guidelines to follow.
Organization is the key element in accomplishing a seamless and stress free gathering.
Make yourself a checklist as per the items below and you are well on your way to a fun and flawless party!
Things to do first:
1. Select a date.
2. Identify the budget for your event.
3. Establish your guest list.
4. Book your venue.
5. Catering – decide on the menu. Often a catering service is offered by the venue.
6. Whether you are sending invitation or contacting guests via phone or email, it is recommended to send invitation, emails or make phone contact at least 4 weeks in advance.
The site provides daily tracking for RSVP’s. You are able to correspond with your guests by messaging or they can message you.
I used e-invites for my wedding and was very impressed with the service. I didn’t have to worry about picking out invitations, having them printed, buying stamps, sending them out through post with an RSVP card and waiting for replies to come back in the mail.
The site took all the leg work out of that. After the wedding I was able to design a “Thank You” note to match the invitation and send out to all the guests in attendance. Loved this!
7. Book the DJ, band or whatever entertainment you choose several weeks in advance.
If you require clergy and a photographer also booking early provides peace of mind for the essentials.
8. If you are planning a wedding the marriage license has to be purchased a few weeks in advance. Proof of identity is required. Call your local government agency for clarification on what documents you need to provide and the cost associated.
9. Decorations – if you have not hired a decorator and want to do it yourself. First, choose the colors you would like to use.
If you have enough time in advance you can create your own centerpieces inexpensively. It is quite easy to make an impact with a few items such as tablecloths, centerpieces, lights and votive candles.
When you have planned your event well in advance you can enjoy the festivities stress free.
If you would like more information on planning your event or you would like your event planned for you.
Contact us at email@example.com.